Combining Paid, Earned, Shared and Owned Media for Sweet Success
Last year was our first foray into digital marketing for Sunshine Sweet Corn. We saw some excellent results with our efforts, won some awards for our work and our client sold a ton of Sweet Corn. Based on that success we knew that digital would continue to deliver solid results. We continued down the digital road this year and below is our story. (For more background info on challenges and goals for Sunshine Sweet Corn, check out last year’s post.)
Focus: Google AdWords & Bing Advertising
Strategy: Our focus was on Google but we experimented with Bing this year to hopefully offset some of our higher CPC terms. All in all we didn’t go after many broad match terms as we wanted to keep a pretty dialed in approach to our PPC ads.
Focus: Blogger Relations
Strategy: Network the sites recipes and useful content to raise awareness, referral traffic and raise our site’s authority.
Strategy: Deploy a pinterest contest and network our Pinterest friendly site and recipes with top influencers.
Focus: Google Organic Search
Strategy: Ensure that the site was still keyword relevant, mobile friendly and in good “SEO health.”
Year Over Year Results
- April 29, 2014 Is It Paid Media or Not? Making the Call Posted in Media Relations
- September 21, 2015 The Newest Ad Placement: Custom Emojis Posted in Digital Marketing
- July 3, 2014 5 Social Media Marketing Rules “Orange is the New Black” Teaches Us (*Spoiler Alert*) Posted in Digital Marketing
- October 9, 2014 Tips for More Meaningful Media Measurement Posted in PR Industry Trends, Media Relations
- October 12, 2015 The End of “Mommy Blogs” As We Know Them Posted in Digital Marketing, PR Industry Trends, Product Marketing
- May 2, 2016 Ruling the Realm of Teendom: What Snapchat’s Doing Right Posted in Digital Marketing, PR Industry Trends
About Jason Poulos:
With a degree in communication design from VCU as well as experience in web development and digital marketing, Jason brings a unique blend of assets to PadillaCRT. In 2012 Jason helped win 4 awards for his SEO work on PureCanadaMaple.com. Outside of his digital work, Jason enjoys brewing his own beer and restoring his1970 Chevrolet
Nova. Jason is a new father and enjoys spending time with his family and his 150-pound English Mastiff.