BuzzLine: Facebook’s Next Big Acquisition
Ehh, WhatsApp, Zuck?
Despite recent reports of dropping numbers of teen users, Facebook’s business seems to be booming.
At least, that is, as attested by its recent $19 billion acquisition of mobile messaging service, WhatsApp.
Despite the hefty price tag and seemingly unrelated social media functions, analysts say it was a worthy investment, estimating that WhatsApp and Facebook will “more closely resemble each other over time, potentially creating noteworthy competition.”
Only time will tell.
Rather than stew on the value of Facebook’s latest big buck bargain, let’s whip up some billion-dollar business ideas of our own!
In six words, pitch your $19 billion big idea to Mark Z. in the comments section. There’s no doubt Zuck reads the BuzzLine every Friday!
- BlockItApp: To block Facebook game requests
- MiseryLovesCompanyApp: Filter feed by current mood
- ShouldaBeenThereApp: Experience friends’ videos through teleportation
- Since money no object, colonize moon.
Once you enter your big idea, don’t forget to stop back in and VOTE for your favorite with our new BuzzLine user voting function.
Ready, set, GO!
- August 30, 2013 BuzzLine Contest – Week 18 – PadillaCRT, Together the Best Posted in BuzzLine
- March 21, 2014 BuzzLine: I <3 DC… and NY, LA, Minneapolis, Richmond and Norfolk Posted in BuzzLine
- July 31, 2015 Don’t Shoot the Messenger: How Brands are Infiltrating Mobile Messaging Apps Posted in Digital Marketing
- May 10, 2016 Customer Obsession: The Name of the Game Posted in PR Industry Trends, B2B/Technology
- January 14, 2014 If Teens are Bailing on Facebook, Where are They Going? Posted in Digital Marketing, PR Industry Trends
- June 20, 2014 BuzzLine: Why are you really watching the World Cup? Posted in BuzzLine
About Nikki Parrotte:
Nikki serves as a senior account executive in PadillaCRT’s Washington, D.C. office, where her passion for creative solutions and meaningful connections makes her a valuable member of the agency’s consumer practice. She has diverse experience in strategic traditional and social media relations for a variety of industries and audiences from consumer packaged goods to home and housewares and tourism.